- 14.75 oz. can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 stalk celery cut into ¼” pieces
- ½ cup leeks or onions-finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
Line a baking sheet with parchment (or foil). Heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté leeks (or onions) and celery until softened – 3-4 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Shape mixture into patties –approximately 1” thick, 2 1/2” wide. Place on baking sheet.
Bake 12-15 min until heat through and mildly brown on top.
Serve with a seasonal salsa.
Patties can also be sautéed and browned in a skillet, 3-4 minutes each side, or grilled. Add breadcrumbs if mixture is still too wet to form patty.
Makes 6 servings – Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories 160, Total fat 10g, Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 325mg, Carbohydrate 1g, Dietary fiber 0g, Protein 15g Source: Cooking Up Good Vibrations (adapted)