Big changes can be pretty overwhelming, but small changes don’t have to be. Read these tips and consider taking one small step per week to enhance your heart health.
• Sleep for 6-8 hours each night
• Stay up-to-date with your health screenings
• Include more fresh and unprocessed foods in your diet
• Shop the perimeter of the grocery store first (fruits, vegetables, dairy)…and don’t forget your list
• Learn how to read food labels
• Cut back on sugar-sweetened and diet beverages
• Reduce screen time (phones, video games, tv)
• Try one new fruit/vegetable every week
It is important to plan for some bumps on your path to a healthy lifestyle—learn from them, strategize, and get back on it!
Calories Burned Per Hour
NOTE: 3,500 Calories = 1 lb. of fat. To lose 1 lb. you need to burn 3,500 more calories than you taken in.